My recent experience with Dollar Cost Averaging and the lessons I learned Several posts ago I discussed my considerations on Dollar Cost Averaging and why I had selected it as my long term investment strategy. I’ve been at it for 4 months and have shown the necessary self restraint, avoiding any impulse buying and selling […]
The Personal Financier – A Personal Finance Blog Personal Finance Blog
Archive for the ‘sum’ Tag
That past couples of weeks required considerable restraint on my part. Everyday brought with it what seemed to be endless opportunities to buy low and sell high. The temptation of making a quick profit off the mass hysteria that engulfed us and the markets was at a peak. I sms’ed the same generic message to […]
Fortune magazine published yesterday that “The celebrated investor wagers a tidy sum that even carefully chosen hedge funds won’t return more than the market over time” It looks like an old fashioned show-down. Will the market outperform even a carefully selected collection of hedge funds? Warren Buffet and Protégé Partners LLC, a ...
Present value is a very common financial tool which is used to determine the current value of a future sum of money. 1,000$ a year from now, at 5% interest, are worth approx. 952$ (As you could deposit 952$ today, with 5% interest and receive 1,000$ in a year). Discounting is the process of translating […]
- Review: The Gone Fishin’ Portfolio by Alex Green
- Long Term Investments Are Not Risk Free: The Fallacy of Large Numbers and the Past Decade in Us Stock Markets
- “The Richest Man In Babylon” Book Review
- Teach Your Kids Basic Finance and Economics with Monopoly – 11 Valuable Lessons
- “Think and Grow Rich” Book review
- Know your Portfolio – Three Simple Charts Can Make a World of Difference
- Learning the financial language will save you money
- 6 Tips on How to Conduct Efficient Meetings – How to Make More Time Post #3
- Investment Basics Carnival #2
- Un Millennium development goals – Analysis and observation using Gapminder
- Which Payday Loan Is Right for Me?
- Alternatives To Good Stocks To Invest In
- Affordable High Risk Life Insurance
- Day Trading Tips and Money Management Techniques
- Is Mortgage Refinancing a Good Option?
- How Much Should a Mortgage Insurance Policy Cost?
- A Few Important Points Motorists Need To Know When Purchasing Car Insurance
- College Logos on Student Credit Cards
- Best Short Term Investments
- Payday Loan Online at Paradisepaydayloans.com