This is a guest post by The Skilled Investor – A great source for Personal Finance, Investment Management, and Financial Planning Articles. Welcome to the November 20, 2009 Edition #116 of the Carnival of Financial Planning. The Carnival of Financial Planning takes a long-term view of personal financial planning for individuals and families. ...
The Personal Financier – A Personal Finance Blog Personal Finance Blog
Archive for the ‘Strategy’ Tag
My fundemental reasons for concern As several of my last posts indicate I have whole heartedly adopted Dollar Cost Averaging as my investment strategy. The reasons have been discussed in length a few posts ago. Today I thought about liquidating some of the investments I’ve made in the past 6 months due to the negative [...]
The probable probably won’t happen It is a common belief among investors and financial planners that patient long-term, diversified investments will eventually yield a nice solid return on investment. A common advice is to avoid trying to time the market and just join in and wait the long-haul. I am among the supporters of this [...]
No Salvation from Productivity Improvements: The Failed 35 Hour Work Week Experiment and Work-Life Balance Examined
Wouldn’t it be reasonable to expect improvements in productivity to result in shorter work hours? The quick answer: No. It’s up to us. The famous French 35 hour work week has recently received yet another blow leaving only a shadow of the once grandiose attempt at social policy.
When stock markets shed percents we’re used to see only in volume discounts investors tend to panic. This phenomenon is as undesirable as it is understandable. A very basic principle of investing is too hold for the long term. However, holding on for the long term is difficult enough with out having to watch your [...]
- 6 Tips on How to Conduct Efficient Meetings – How to Make More Time Post #3
- Carnival of Personal Finance #170 – Famous Last Sentences Edition
- Family Cars
- The Big Mac Index – Applying Simple Economic Common Sense
- The Money Hacks Carnival #25 – The Olympic Edition
- 8 Tips on How To Make Efficient, Time Saving Use of Cellular Phones – How to Make More Time Post #2
- Valuation and Risk Measurement Models under Heavy Criticism – What Went Wrong?
- How to Use Personal Finance Tools to Get Bad Credit File Loans from a Loan Company
- Why EuroZone Countries Keep Failing
- On Causality and Correlation in Economics
- Alternatives To Good Stocks To Invest In
- Affordable High Risk Life Insurance
- Day Trading Tips and Money Management Techniques
- Is Mortgage Refinancing a Good Option?
- How Much Should a Mortgage Insurance Policy Cost?
- A Few Important Points Motorists Need To Know When Purchasing Car Insurance
- College Logos on Student Credit Cards
- Best Short Term Investments
- Payday Loan Online at Paradisepaydayloans.com
- Friday Roundup of Financial Blog Posts