You may think that coupons provide an easy way to help you save money at the cash register.
But here are some reasons why couponing simply does not work:
1. You have to pay for the newspaper. Coupons you get for free in the mail are fine, but the moment you buy a newspaper, you’ve already lost some money.
2. You have to spend time clipping the coupons. The time spent on couponing is better spent cleaning the house, preparing meals, or simply just relaxing.
3. Reading a newspaper make you see the advertisements. Which means you are then tempted into buying more stuff that you most likely don’t really need.
4. You probably don’t need or want items offered by the coupons. Coupons are not there to serve your shopping needs. They are there to help sell products.
5. It takes you more time to shop with coupons. You have to go up and down several aisles to find the product offered in the coupon, so you spend more time in the store, which may mean buying more stuff than you originally planned.shopping tips