It’s been a good week for me at The Personal Financier. I’ve had some spare time and I think I’ve put it to good use writing a few posts that I’ve planning on for some time now. I hope I’ll be able to keep up this pace in the future though I doubt it. My goal is to publish a new, quality, post at least every other day. If I can keep that up I’ll be glad.
I’ve received a lot of visits from fellow bloggers hosting the better known personal finance carnivals lately and would like to return the favors by choosing my own picks, as customary.
On another note the investment basics carnival I was planning on didn’t turn up as well as I’d expected with most content barely useable. I’ve decided on expanding this round-up instead with some better article from around the personal finance blogosphere.
I’ll start with the carnival of personal finance (#149 – Chasing dreams edition) hosted by The Happy Rock. The carnival hosts over 100 articles each week with the best of personal finance blogging. Here are my top picks from this edition:
- The Psychology of Money: “I have to have it” – The impulse purchase @ Greener Pastures
An in-depth analysis of the impulse purchase and it’s psychological and other origins. Understating the drivers behind impulse purchases is crucial for altering this behavioral pattern.
- Equal Pay Day @ Feminist Finance
My small part in promoting this important issue.
- Early Excitement in New Investments @ Quest for Four Pillars
A good post demonstrating the fallacy of investment success. We’re always so sure our investment will turn out well. We sometimes call that success oriented planning. Sometimes it’s just wishful thinking…
From the Carnival of Money Stories hosted by Can I get rich on a salary I chose the following post: Financial Health is More Than Numbers, It Is Also About Motivation @ I’ve paid for this twice already… A personal story about the motivation behind financial decisions and how we make them.
The following are some of the better posts from fellow personal finance blogger I’ve read this week:
- 10 Ways new parents overspend on their newborns @ Moolanomy
- Recessions and the state of the economy @ The Digerati Life
- Sleep your way to better finances @ The Happy Rock
- 10 tips for eating healthy on the cheap @ Money Ning
More carnivals around the web I took part in:
- The 9th edition of Money Hacks Carnival @ Quest for Four Pillars
- Consumer Focused Carnival of Real Estate @ Searchlight Crusade
- The Festival of Stocks @ Can I get rich on a salary
- The Carnival of Debt Reduction @ No Debt Plan