Welcome to another edition of the Investment Basics Carnival. I’ve picked the following articles because I believe they offer added value. I’ve added my own thoughts to each article. Hopefully you’ll find them stimulating.
3. ThePennySaved presents Learning about investing from Jim Cramer is like finding God through Jim Bakker posted at The Penny Saved. I agree hearitly. Furthermore, he needs to attract attention somehow, usually by being provocative. His last comment on the financial sector in the USA is no less than completely irresponsible.
6. Donovan Snelleman presents Why You Should Learn To Invest posted at ImprovedLife.ca. Representing the “invest it yourself” school of thought. I believe it’s very risky and requires deep understanding. As I always say professional exist for a reason
7. Jose DeJesus MD presents Improve Investment and Financial Results – Simplify and Conquer posted at Physician Entrepreneur– Keep it simple …
8. mmhabits presents Let the Grass Grow: Seeding and Nurturing Wealth posted at Millionaire Money Habits. Watching investments compound is very similar to watching grass grow. I believe the trick is to avoid revisiting them often.
9. Mark Runta presents Strategies To Hedge Your Portfolio posted at Smart Investing & Money Management. Hedging is important for any portfolio. Just don’t be temped to make money with derivatives and shorts since you just might lose everything.
11. CheapCanuck presents Low Income Earners – It might be time to get those dividends rolling in posted at CHEAP CANUCK. Tips for maximizing after tax returns on investment.
A bit extreme for my taste, I believe excess frugality leads to unhappiness. Still these are interesting reads.
2. Hank presents The 29 most frugal things I have ever done – do yours compare to my past levels of cheap? posted at My Investing Blog– .
1. An interesting trade-off to consider. Praveen presents The 62/70 Solution for Claiming Social Security Benefits posted at My Simple Trading System.
2. chica with issues presents Which IRA is right for you: Traditional IRA vs Roth IRA posted at One Snarky Chica with Issues– A basic discussion and comparison.Basics, fidelity fund, Frugality, Grass, jim bakker, millionaire money, novice investors, portfolio, Review, wall street guru