Welcome to the sixth edition of the “Investment Basics Carnival”. We recieved a record 63 posts out of which 24 were chosen and are presented here.
2. Phil B. presents Short-Term versus Long-Term Capital Gains posted at Phil for Humanity– Short-term investments must have a higher return just to guarantee the same profit over long-term investments because of the differences between short-term and long-term capital gains tax.
5. Jose DeJesus MD presents Market Timing – When is the Best Time to Invest New Money posted at Physician Entrepreneur– Examining the results of diversification over time.
8. Investing Angel presents Tips For Shorting Stocks posted at Stock Tips, saying, “In today’s unstable market, many people are considering shorting stocks. This might be because they believe the market is going to get worse, so they want to bet against the market or they just wish to hedge their bets.”
9. ioventuresinc.com presents How Much Should You Trade? posted at Forex Strategy Secrets– Forex trading is one of the fastest growing markets. Learn tips and tricks that will help you succeed in this money making market.
12. Raymond presents If You Truly Invest For The Long Term, Then Stop Checking Your Stock Prices All The Time posted at Money Blue Book.
13. Dobromir presents Selling Covered Calls for additional income posted at Create Rising Passive Income From Dividend Paying Stocks– A review of covered calls
15. Allen Taylor presents Is Your Annuity Good or Bad? posted at Investing World Today– Annunities are a misunderstood investment vehicle. A break down the good and bad of Annunities so you can better understand them.
17. Jeffery A. Smith presents Step 3: Learn where to Invest your Money posted at YooperSmith.com– Discusses the different types of self-directed accounts: Tax-Advantaged vs. Taxable. Suggests an order in which these accounts might be funded.
19. Adfecto presents Millionaire Rule #7 posted at Adfecto Abundantia – Aspire 2 Wealth– There is no better way to save for your financial future than to take advantage of a 401(k) which is matched by an employer. A primer on the basics of 401(K)’s and a simple example to show their power.
22. KCLau presents Withdraw EPF Money for Home Loan Installment: How it affects your Retirement Fund posted at KCLau’s Money Tips– An article on using EPF money for financing a home loan
Personal Finance and Personal Development
24. Personal Finance Claims presents Stop Being Fleeced By Your Bank, File Your Claim Today posted at Personal Finance Claims
There are some great carnivals out there. Here are a few in which I’ve participated over the past couple of weeks:
1. Personal Finance Money Tips @ KClau – Be the Turtle – Why Timing the Market is Impossible.
2. Organize you Life Carnival @ Declutter it! – 10 Tips on How to Make the Most of Time Spent In Traffic – How to Make More Time Post #4
3. The Carnival of Smarter Investing @ boozwatt – 10 Tips and Truths for Successful Option Trading
4. Everything Finance Carnival @ Everything Finance – Avoiding the Slippery Slope of Debt
5. Carnival of Personal Finance @ paidtwice – The 80/20 Rule – Let Pareto Do Most of the Work
6. Cavalcade of Risk @ The Digerati Life – The Problem With Structures — Risks and Hidden Costs
7. Carnival of Personal Finacne @ The dividend guy –The Problem With Structures – Risks and Hidden Costs