This blog started out as a series of articles written for Helium. I discovered Helium by mistake and immediately discovered the joys of writing. After posting several personal finance articles to Helium and after starting my own blog I found associated content and Constant-content. The following is a summary of the comparison of these content publishing sites:
Constant Content strategy simplified is selling quality articles for publishers for either usage, unique of full rights use.
Constant Content has high quality standards and examines every article submitted. Authors name their price for either usage, unique or full rights use and get paid when publishers buy their articles. Prices for 500 word article vary for usage (7$-15$), unique (50$-70$) or full rights (70$-90$). Authors are paid 65% of the price.
Constant Content is more suitable for competent established authors which have the ability to produce quality content.
Helium’s strategy simplified is generating amounts of content and letting authors rate and sort for quality.
Exposure wise Helium is second to associated content. Helium has three main revenue generating channels for authors:
1) Pay per view – Helium pays a writer according to the number of views the article written receives. High rated article obviously generate more revenue. Helium pays around 1c-2c per view.
2) Contests – Helium authors can participate in contests which require posting a considerable amount of quality articles in a short time.
3) Marketplace – Helium authors can submit articles for publishers requests. Leading articles are selected, published and paid for.
Helium is more suitable for:
1) Beginners and less competent authors as content is accepted and published instantly.
2) Authors which are able to generate massive amounts of content.
3) Quality authors which target Marketplace requests.
Associated Content’s strategy simplified is generating amounts of quality content by screening.
Associated Content has three main revenue generating channels:
1) Advance on articles – Associated Content pays authors in advance after screening articles. Each article accepted receives a payment depending on various paramenters. These payments may very but are approximately 2$-7$ each.
2) Performance pay – Associated Content pays a writer according to the number of views the article written receives. High rated article obviously generate more revenue. Associated Content pays 1.5$ for every 1,000 views (0.15c per view).
3) Contests – Associated Content also holds contents where authors can win cash prizes.
Associated Content is more suitable for:
1) More competent writers which are able to pass quality screening.
2) US resident’s as they are the only ones eligible for advance payments.